The Saion Shoutoku Monument


A distinguished person of the Kingdom era

Saion (1682-1761) was the second Kume-mura native to become a Sanshikan minister. A competent official who excelled in politics, he advanced various projects in improving agriculture, flood controls, and forestry. His achievements include the improvements of flood control of the Haneji River and the planner of the row of Ryukyu pines of Saion. Saion was an erudite scholar in far-ranging topics such as politics, economy, industry, and education. He authored a number of books, chief among them Rinsei Hassho, Gokyoujou, Noumu Chou, Kujichou, and Hitori Monogatari. Even after his death, Saion’s influence was striking. He was widely regarded to remain in existence eternally as the “fourth minister” to the Sanshikan, literally the Three Ministers.

The monument was erected in 1969 within the Tenson-byou premises of Wakasa.

Copyright © 一般社団法人 久米崇聖会 All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress & BizVektor Theme by Vektor,Inc. technology.